Sandodden [425-1] is a former trappers' station, located at Daneborg in Young Sund on Wollaston Forland. Sandodden is well suited as temporary base camp for 3-6 persons.
Since 1991 Sandodden including Skindskuret and Sorte Skur is serving as Nanok's base camp in the Daneborg region.
Visitors are welcome - after with agreement with both Nanok and Sirius - to use Sandodden for temporary accomodation. The house must always be left only in a good condition, meaning:
- All doors and windows / shutters securely closed
- Electricity turned off
- House nicely swept and cleaned all over
- No food or garbageleft behind
- No equipment, personel as well as any other, left behind in Sandodden, Skindskuret or Sorte Skur (will be removed by Nanok without notice and returned on owners expense)
For further information please contact Nordøstgrønlandsk Kompagni Nanok.
- approx. 26. july - 7. september 2021: Nordøstgrønlandsk Kompagni Nanok.
- approx. 26. july - 7. september 2022: Nordøstgrønlandsk Kompagni Nanok.
Aage V. Jensens Fonde sponsor Nanok's work.
Number in brackets [ ] refer to hut number in Peter Schmidt Mikkelsen: "North-East Greenland 1908-60. The Trapper Era" (2008) published by Scott Polar Research Institute.